Sunday, October 15, 2017

Seasonal slow down.

The rain in this joint is just about too much.  We've got some spongey, damp, ground all around the house...which means mud and other such unpleasantries.  The mums I was so happy with last week look like mop heads this week. 

This week was a bit slower than my usual early October days as I was in charge of a couple of grandkids while they were on "fall break".  Now, my kids never had a "fall break" although they did get Columbus Day off, and there were some teacher inservice days.  The grandkids get a whole week, and I think most schools do that as well.  It is nice to have that long break in October as they have been in school a long time by this month.  I always found that college students were really homesick long about October, too.  Anyway, it is getting a little slow around here, gearing up for the holiday season.  The calendar is filling up those December squares.   

I started on Sunday with a trip to a Garth Brooks concert.  Yes, that's right, Garth Brooks.  Now, I am not a die-hard country fan or anything, but, we heard a LOT of Garth Brooks around this house when my middle child was a pretty big country fan.  She did a fair amount of singing in those days, and we liked the story telling aspect of country music.  Besides, Garth is like the world's best showman.  The concert did not disappoint my two daughters and I; we also treated my 8-year old granddaughter to her first concert and it was awesome for her, and for us knowing it was so awesome for her.  Not a bad first concert choice.   

The next few days was the child watch.  I had a grand time although the weather didn't cooperate as much as it could have.  I laughed a lot, I helped out where I could, I received a million kisses and hugs and would have gladly accepted more.  I will get a chance, too, because this week is fall break for the other grandkids and they will be visiting for a couple days for their own Camp Gigi.  It's always camp around here but especially so when the parents aren't around! 


http://facebook.com/cindiswindowlakeliving/






 


No comments:

Post a Comment