Thursday, July 20, 2017

A small and quick review.

Early this morning, when I couldn’t get to sleep and REALLY REALLY did not want to fall prey to the calling of Amazon and it’s thousands of products, I began sorting through pictures.  I recently backed up all my photos on this computer to Google images, because someone mentioned it was a good place to do that, so I did.  I have no opinion on this one way or the other, but, that’s what I did.
 
So I started organizing pictures, particularly the home remodeling pictures.  Now, you have all been so patient with me and my remodeling stories, and kept reading when others may have said “Enough with the remodeling stories already”.  I may have come close to burning you out, but, you stuck with me.  Thank you!

This is not to say we are done.  Oh, heck no.  There are so many more projects, on all four sides of the house, that have yet to be done, but, happily, they are more along the “final touch” projects as well as some pretty serious landscaping here and there.  It’s good, though, and I am glad.

Last night as I went through pictures I realized we have done a tremendous amount of work, and a lot of it was not in the original plan which was something along the lines of "Hey, lets add a screen porch".  It’s hard to think about when you are in the middle of it, but, we took on some major projects.  Luckily for us the bedrooms and the bathrooms didn’t need to be touched so that side of the house was largely uninterrupted except that it became storage central for everything that was coming out of cabinets and rooms.  Of course, now I want to paint those bedrooms…

Anyway, here are just a couple of pictures of the house before and the house as it is today.  We still have to decide on stairs and a railing system for the deck, and skirting under the deck and finishing off the overhangs on both the roadside and the driveway side, but, the structure is there.  It’s been a year.  A satisfying and scary year, with more ahead.  


 Woods side 2016 
Lake side July 2016
Lake side 2017
Woods side 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment