Monday, June 7, 2010

Just crossed my mind is all.

I have now been working from home for two and a half years, which is unbelievable to me. Just like with all “jobs” I have had to pay my dues, but I’m in a good client right now with plenty of opportunity and I enjoy the work. There have been some recent changes which will bring some welcome adjustments to how I do my work. I’m looking forward to the change! Since I am a self employed person under contract, I do get to set my own hours, I do get to work remotely and every day is casual Friday. Some more casual than others.

Some drawbacks. I have to set aside money for taxes. I also try to set aside money to pay myself vacation days, holidays, sick days. If my electricity goes out, I’m done for. If I have an equipment failure, its all on me.

Twice in the last year, my mail person has come into my driveway to drop off a box, which in itself is shocking since my old mail person would never come down the driveway. On both those occasions, it was my super casual day. In other words, I was in my jammies and slightly embarrassed. It was probably two in the afternoon. My mail person is someone I have known for quite a while. She said “Girl, if I could drive this truck in my jammies I would!”

And seriously, who wouldn’t?

No comments:

Post a Comment