Sunday, July 15, 2012

The T word

I promise I am going to throw out all my current plastic storage containers.  You know what I'm talking about...the T word.  I will, I swear, I will.  I have had a very well stocked cabinet of these containers for years.  You can't help but have them for years.  You get to a point where they start looking very sad.  I am to that point.

Hubs has always taken leftovers for lunch.  It's a great thing but the man does not know the meaning of dump it out on a paper plate to heat it up in the microwave, please, not in the plastic storage container.   He has also never fully grasped the concept of microwaves heat food from the inside out...so, heat it a LITTLE bit and then allow it to heat from the inside.  Stir, check it and maybe heat again.  No.  To him, microwave has always meant two minutes. Doesn't matter what or how much, its two minutes. 

You can imagine what my plastic storage containers look like.  I would like to get new plastic storage containers but I am not sure I can until he retires.   I am trying not to be angry over the condition of my prized plastic storage containers but quite frankly, I am sort of ticked off.  I would like to pull out a container and lid and not have that bubbled, crinkled ring of melted plastic around the inside. 

I have mostly matched lids and containers but every once in a while they get separated.   About a month ago, as I was putting away groceries,  I started to look for the lid for a small yellow pitcher. It's where I keep sunflower seeds for sprinkling onto salads.  I always have it.  ALWAYS.  I could not find it and where in the world could it be? It had sunflower seeds in it last week, in the fridge so why now is it not with the pitcher? I tore through the cabinet of lids and containers, I may have grumbled.  Dang it.  Who did something with my lid?  I asked around the house and my tone may have been slightly accusatory. 

Fine.  Just fine.  I will put the sunflower seeds in this OTHER small pitcher, which is totally wrong for sunflower seeds, but since someone has lost the lid to the yellow pitcher which should be right here, I'll use it.

Here's the problem.  I haven't seen that yellow pitcher with its lid in forever and a day.  The sunflower seeds really go in the smaller clear pitcher with a different yellow lid that is still in the fridge with just a few seeds in it.  They never were in the yellow pitcher...that's too big.    

Ooops. 


No comments:

Post a Comment