Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I like it!

Alright. You know I really love the Olympics, right? Summer and Winter.  I just really like them a lot.  I like watching a sport I know nothing about and rooting for the players. 
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the things I like that I have no explanation for ~ like the Olympics.  Like, Good n’ Plenty candy.  It’s not even that great but I really like it and I also REALLY like Snaps and,   lets face it, that seriously is not great stuff.
I also like cleaning at night.  Sometimes in my nightgown.  Now this is weird only because I really don’t like cleaning.  I like drinking out of glass, not plastic.  But, I will drink out of plastic if it’s the right kind, which I can’t even begin to describe. 
I use to really like reading but I am not that big of a fan anymore.  I don’t really know why and maybe someday I’ll get back to it.  We’ll see.  It seems to be one of the things that I simply have lost interest in, like cooking has been.  I’ve sort of reconciled with cooking, however, so there is hope for reading.
I’ve been known to say I don’t like cooking but I’ve recently realized I don’t like not knowing what to cook.  I don’t like deciding what to cook.  When I know, I actually do enjoy it somewhat and I’m pretty good as well.  Sometimes you may think you aren’t  any good at something but you get compliments and think “Oh, hm, maybe…” .  That’s how it is with me and cooking.  I should really just say “Why, thank you” and not “Oh, it could have been such and such” or “I should have done so and so”.   That, I acknowledge, is boring.  I don’t wish to be boring.      

Right now I am really into cooking multiple dishes out of one big ol’ portion of some meat or poultry.  I’m obsessed with it.  Buying a roast and thinking of the many dishes I could make out of the roast once it has been prepared for the first meal…the Sunday roast meal.  I have become the queen of the mid-week burrito ~ whether its beef, pork or chicken.  Even beans and rice! I am the queen.   

You may see me at the store  buying a huge pork or beef roast.  Oh my gosh, when that pork is on sale I could squeal. 

I’m lucky to be married to a guy that appreciates a good leftover and a budget. 






2 comments:

  1. "when that pork is on sale I could squeal." Like a pig? Was that intentional?! Methinks it might have been. Crafty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have known me for a long time...of course it was intentional. :)

      Delete