Sunday, March 3, 2013

It is a small world.

Did ya wonder where I was? Did ya wonder why I said there would be an update on Sundays but last week there wasn't? It's alright if you didn't wonder, didn't check, didn't miss me or even consider me missing...but I was.

I left my snow encased abode and traveled south to the land of sunshine ~ daughter, SNL and two grandchildren in tow, to visit Mickey and the other rodents and mammals of his kingdom.  It was grand, I tell ya, just grand although it was colder than one would prefer when traveling south at this time of year.

We had a big time, thanks in large part to the help of a sister in law who happens to also be a Disney beast, I mean, employee.  She helped with rooms and recommendations.  We also partook of the Disney Dining Plan, which I don't care what any one might say...it's so totally worth it because it forces you to actually eat something other than park food or fast food while you are there, and Disney is well known for its food options.  It can also force you in to a schedule, which some might not like but schedules have benefits and good eatin' is one of them.

Such is Raglan Road at Downtown Disney...my review of the week.  We dined there in fine fashion on Wednesday evening.  Had a beer I had never had before, which was the publican special that day ~ Maduro Oatmeal Brown Ale.  It was tasty with the fish n' chips.  That's what I use as a benchmark when I visit places that serve and boast fish n' chips.  Then wow me.   This particular serving was fine...not the best but certainly not the worst I have had.  The Irish step dancers were a treat as well.  A little loud in there for casual conversation but  a fun spot.  You should go.  Before you go, check out beersandears.net a blog about beers available at Disney...and there are lots and lots of 'em.

The other people in our party seemed to really enjoy the food and the atmosphere also.  SNL had what he called one of the best steaks he had ever had.  Hubs and daughter enjoyed a hearty beef stew.  The menu offers a lot of things we didn't try at our table as we were a fish n' chips crowd ~ but other tables seemed to be quite satisfied with their meals, and all were toe tapping a bit.

You should go to Disney if you have never been, and you should go if you haven't been to any of the resorts or the dining opportunities at the parks and resorts.  Teppan Edo in Japan in EPCOT? Superb.  Seriously good. 

But, our main reason for visiting Disney this year was not for the food or beer, nor necessarily even  for the rodent..it was for the princesses.  I have a princess you know...my 4 year old granddaughter.  She was made over into a princess at Disney and came face to face with her favorites at a "character" breakfast...the look on her face was like nothing I have ever seen and hope never to forget.  It was a spectacular week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment