Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Failure to commit.

Doing a little hurry up to slow down this week.  Some last minute plans and a torrential rain storm has left the yard wishing for more attention and the building project super underway, but soggy.
 
It’s fun to watch the house change and become something we hope we will be happy with for a long, long time.  Or, at least as long as we are given.  Our contractor friend is a dream.  Busy, thorough and informative.  He listens to ideas and makes adjustments where needed.  He also is a voice of reason and a calm reassurance that things are progressing just like they should.  I don’t like these days much, when things are left “open” to the elements, but, a necessary evil I suppose.

Hubs has been busy and puts a couple hours in each evening when he gets home from already long days at work.  I feel sorry for him, sort of ~ he is also liking the activity and seeing things change.  We’ve got a few decisions to make but most of our “design” or style choices have been made and well, we're just waiting for it to all come together.
 
I placed a furniture order this past week and that was big for me.  I will have more as the budget gets spent down on the building materials (leaving me crumbs) and I have a firmer grip on what we’re doing!  Which, I sound like I am joking, but, renovating is scary! Budgets are scary!   I don’t want to do too much too soon for fear of hubs freaking out and careening over the edge, and I still can’t make up my mind.  I mean, I have a couch that I love, but need more seating.  Once I get the chairs I ordered, and the carpet and paint colors, I hope to commit to a sectional.  I haven’t been able to commit to a sectional design, size or color.  I mean, that’s a big ol’ piece of furniture.  I have had a sweet, young furniture salesman follow me around and around the store, and stand at the fabric sample rack for an eternity.  I need to be sure I love it, and so far, no swooning.

We are very excited and it is fun to see a change every day.  I look around at construction madness in the yard and it is a little overwhelming, but, still fun.  I see trampled plants, and mud on top of mud on top of what was once a shrub and I’m crestfallen, but, still excited. Every time I go to one of my favorite stores ~ Pier 1, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel or even Target or Walmart ~ I’ll pick up something new for the kitchen, or for the porch that has yet to get framed.  This week it was pillows at Marshall’s, and dish towels at Target.  I have had to walk away from some gorgeous pots for new plantings by the improved front door and hope I will be able to find the same thing next time I’m out, or heaven forbid, pay full price in the spring.  Somethings I know exactly what I want, others I will spend hours looking for just the right thing, come home empty handed to try again tomorrow.
 

But, I still can’t commit to that sectional.  

1 comment:

  1. You have to sit on a lot of frogs before you find your prince...

    ReplyDelete