Saturday, June 16, 2018

Choose wisely.


Still working on landscaping this week but getting closer every day.  A little bit more, a little bit less. I know we are knocking items off our list, but the list seems to grow at the same pace. 

I did take a bit of time away this week to take my wonderful nephew, Jack, to see Rent in Indianapolis.  He is a big fan of live Broadway, has a musician’s soul and heart, and I knew he would love the show; he did, I did and one of my daughters went along, too, and she did.  Now,  she and I have seen Rent a few times, both live and the movie and it still pulls at the feels.  We went all in for a new dining experience in an area of Indianapolis known for its small restaurants, clubs, shops and arts, and a second day trip to the Indianapolis Museum of Art, now known as Newfields.  It was a good couple of days.

Last minute get-togethers, friends on the lake. Neighbors helping neighbors, family dropping by to help with projects or just a touch base to see what’s new, little kids running in the yard and robbing the candy jar. It makes my heart sing.  Children always bring me joy.   

I believe in what I do.  I believe in posting happy pictures and sentiments both here and on Facebook.  I accept it won’t impact the political climate of this country, or maybe it will in a very disconnected, down the chain fashion if ONE person decides to go positive, go for love, when making a statement, pass a judgement or please, for goodness sake, cast a vote.  These are unsettling times, they are. I call myself a person of faith and yearn, burningly, to act like one, speak like one, love like one.  Keep your chin up, and keep your heart, your empathy, because there is a BIG need. 

Be careful, be cautious of spreading hate as that will come back at you tenfold…I promise, and so will love.  I choose love.




No comments:

Post a Comment