Friday, September 7, 2018

A glimpse.

It is funny how things can creep up on you…wrinkles, grey hair, weight, the changing seasons, sunrise later and later, sunset earlier and earlier.  It’s so slow as to almost be unnoticeable and then all of a sudden you realize it’s dark as you make dinner.  I think of all the beautiful sunrises I have experienced this summer, shocked to be awake so very early as that is definitely not my way.  And now, it’s as if I am waiting on the sun so my day can begin.  It is funny.

Another thing that changes around here quickly is boating to not boating, swimming to not swimming.  We were just discussing when to take the boat out of the water, would the kids want to tube and realized maybe, but there might not be time. Maybe once or twice?  But, it’s been consistently rainy so will they? We usually take the speed boat out first, followed by the pontoon boat a couple weeks later.  There can be some great pontoon evenings into October…especially when there is a low, full moon. Dreamy.

I love going out on the lake at night.  Sometimes the bugs are a bit pesty, but, watching the boat cut through the inky darkness of the water…shining a light into the lake to see into the world below the surface a bit.  Watching people on shore, moving around a bonfire, smelling those same fires…hearing the laughter roll across the water, being a part of it but not being a part of it. Snuggling with a chilly, sleepy grandchild under a blanket as we talk moon and stars, gliding along. Lake life is the best life. 


1 comment:

  1. So, true. It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the maiden voyage of the summer. And here we are, contemplating the final voyage. I love the the view of the colors of fall from the middle of the lake. I don’t mind a jacket and a blanket (but I always prefer a suit and a towel)! Enjoy your lake view sunsets! I know we will.

    ReplyDelete