Friday, July 16, 2010

Can I be seriously lucky?

Contemplating a trip to Las Vegas because I have had two lucky “wins” lately. The first, I won $50 in a raffle by attending a conference call for my business contract. The second, I won a Wii Game System for attending the same conference call this month. Am I lucky or do I just deserve a prize for attending some really long conference calls?

What if I did go to Vegas and win some serious cash doing some serious gambling? What if winning these two items is some sort of sign that I should go? Boy, it sure is easy to see how people get sucked in to making those kind of decisions, based on this kind of history, or less.

I am in an area of my spiritual thinking that always stumps me, burns my brain. If I believe that all things come from God, is my winning the Wii from God? And if He is so blessing me, as is evident by the $50, then the Wii, should I take a trip to Vegas? But, what if its just entertainment and it’s not spiritual at all? What if God wasn’t in it, except maybe to know, as only He can know, and follow me as I take my next step, whatever it might be and live with those consequences? I know there are deep thinkers that will extrapolate this all the way down to well, yes, because God brought you to a place where you were able to attend the meeting and be present to win, then yes, God blessed you with the Wii.

Smell that? Uh huh. Its my brain burning.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I can smell that.... it is hard to figure God out... my thought is that you didn't have to go out of your way to win the $50 and the Wii... so unless you get a ticket to Vegas in the mail, I would stay put.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much money do you have to gamble with in Vegas? $50? (hahahahahahahaha... oh, I crack myself up.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. Does it make ANY difference that hubs and I talked about getting a Wii about a month ago?

    ReplyDelete