Monday, August 2, 2010

Alright. I give. I give. In previous posts I have relived my history, admitted I might be getting old as others were deferring to me in the parking lots and grocery stores and generally talked like an older person. Today, I'm ready to just face it. I am old. Chris, my husband of 33 years, is old. WE are old.

My feet swell now. Oh sure, I have had other times in my life where my feet have become swollen...pregnancy related mostly and this is different; and its new. Just swelling of the ol' feet. Sometimes just one. But, usually when its super hot and usually when I let my feet dangle, like for example, while on a stool. I remember one time years ago my older brother Glenn and I were sharing a footstool. He told me "You have pretty, little feet." One of those things that an older brother says that you just carry around with you forever. I don't think he would say that today when they are looking like little round sausages with little link sausages substituting for toes.

The insomnia that comes for some people as they age has been with me for a while. It use to bother me and now, I just roll with it. I do stuff. Sometimes I work, sometimes I watch TV, start a movie, read a book. There's no need for me to let it have any sort of victory here. But, having only two to four hours a sleep in your system is no way to get through a long day. I still want to function, you know?

What's the end result? The rebuttal to insomnia and swelling feet? Ugh. Diet and exercise, my friends. I give. I'll try it. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment