Saturday, February 11, 2012

That was super!

I’m going to jump on a band wagon here and say congratulations to Indianapolis for doing an outstanding  job hosting the Super Bowl this year.  We had the opportunity to go downtown on Saturday night before the game and really had fun.  It was cold, wet and crowded…three of my least favorite things ever, but, Indianapolis showed us a fun time. 
Returning to more normal, you may remember a few months ago when around my birthday I said I took stock more at birthday time than at New Year’s as far as “resolutions” or whatever.  I don’t make resolutions as I break resolutions and then I feel bad about myself and that’s not very cool.  However, I do commit to what I will call “try to dos”.   So,  I made a couple around my birthday and well, it’s not going great but no one is keeping score.   I hope.
My first one is to keep my email accounts cleaned up.  Oh my word, like junk mail on my countertop, my inbox is a fright.  (Yes, junk mail on my countertop is also a try to do and is going less great than my email inbox.) Here’s the thing, I haven’t mastered the fine art of what to keep, setting up folders and clicking delete.  I have cut way back on my work at home jobs so I don’t get nearly the email in from those clients as I had been getting and I maybe could even close one of my email accounts…but not yet.  I forget about the email account I have with Comcast and if it weren’t for my iPhone, I probably would never read what comes into it.  Why does a little ol’ grandmother need so many email accounts?  I ask myself every day, folks, every day.  Don’t judge.
My second try to do is to use my iPhone the way it is intended.  I’ve mastered Words with Friends, and have finally been able to maneuver my way around the on screen keyboard…sort of…but I know there are many apps out there that would be of some benefit, if I only learned how to use them.  That’s going to be a big one for me in 2012.  There are a lot of apps out there that are of absolutely no benefit and the key will be to know the difference.  I’m trying out a couple now and this really maybe could work…if my eyesight holds up.
I will fill you in on more try to dos as time goes on, and update you on my progress of the two mentioned here today.   Before I forget,  I will also tell you I am still using the WEN hair care product and things go well.  With my thinning hair it’s not easy to see much difference, but the youngest daughter who is still using it tells me she can go longer between shampoos (oops! Cleansings…not shampoo, shampoo means lather and there is no lather)  and has also discontinued using a straightener as likes what she  now achieves with just a blow dryer.  It took several cleansings and getting use to the product to get to that point, which is one of the things others say about it, but she likes it.  

2 comments:

  1. I do like it! But to be fair, some of the no straightener thing is that I got a ceramic blow dryer, and that this is amazing. It gets hot enough that my crazy waves don't just end up coming back in an hour.

    What apps are you trying? You should do the Mint. I have slacked on our budgeting..but have a feeling I'm going to need to step it up again here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is MINT doesn't work with my local banks; only national types such as yours.
    You have a new blow dryer? Well, aren't you fancy!

    ReplyDelete