Monday, January 30, 2012

Surprise!

I love unexpected, good, surprises. 
The first.  I was asked to sit at a booth representing my workplace at an event.  The event was on Sunday, I said sure and then almost immediately regretted it.  Tying up several hours on a winter Sunday? Was I nuts? But, I went, sat, spoke and smiled and had a generally okay time.  
My surprise came near the end of the event.  I had not taken the time to walk around as I was seriously not that interested in what else was on display but, a booth started to dismantle late in the day, opening my view up a bit across the room.  Looking past the dismantled booth I saw a familiar little face of a friend of my youngest.  Someone I hadn’t seen in a few years...at least, I thought it was her.  I sat there for a bit and thought, gee, she looks more grown up than when I last saw her.   Her hair a bit different but those are her high cheekbones and I’ll know her gorgeous eyes and smile when I get closer.  Now, its risky to walk up to a young person and say “Hey” as they may turn a blank stare to you...it’s happened.  But not this young lady, she grinned and gave me a big hug.  I was so glad to see her and it was so unexpected.  Made my day. 
The day got even better when I returned home and found hubs had put a pot of chili on the stove and totally cleaned the kitchen.  Oh my word, what a treat, and also unexpected.  When you come home every day to cooking and cleaning up, sorta, the kitchen, to walk in to a meal already underway is divine.  To also have a clean kitchen, golly.  
I hope you have equally good surprises this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment