Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Painting.

After putting it off for a very long time, I think I may actually paint the living room this winter/early spring.  I have had a color picked out for a while but we have not set the time aside to do the deed.  We also have not always agreed to a time frame.

This is an ongoing "issue" in our home maintenance and redecorating.  We discuss things to death.  Then we wait and see.  Think it over.  Take our time.  Then, not do it. There are many areas in our lives that hubs and I are the attracting opposites everyone has heard about.   Home decor is definitely one of them.  I get an idea and want to talk about it.  He takes a "wait and see" position and I have to remind him that I am not saying "Lets go to the store and get the stuff right now! I want to spend $100 of your money!"

I really do think that's what he hears as soon as I say "I've been thinking..." I think he really hears "Get in the car, let's go buy this or that."  If there is one thing I know about this guy it's that he doesn't want to go buy this or that.  But one other thing that I have learned about this guy is that he hears what wasn't said.

One thing I know about myself is that I like throwing ideas around. I also know I have a boat load of ideas. 

Isn't it funny how we hear things that weren't said? We get to write that sentence in our own mind? The painting of the living room is not one of those things, however.  I clearly announce I want the living room painted, now, and I suggest someone get the checkbook and start the car.   

No comments:

Post a Comment