Monday, January 23, 2012

To be, or be what?

Using the right word or phrase is such an amazing and tricky concept, isn't it? Finding the right words to say, the right phrasing, the way to put together a sentence so that you aren’t misunderstood.  Its a gift for some and a challenge for others, to be sure.  
I often am misunderstood, and misunderstand, both the written and spoken word.  Sometimes, I scramble to apologize or explain.  Sometimes, I struggle to make it through the end of the sentence before I blow a gasket...only to find, phew, I’m glad I didn’t react as I was headed down the wrong path to the meaning behind the words.  
I wish I had a nickel, as my dad was fond of saying, for everytime I misunderstood someone’s intention behind a word or words.  As difficult as it is to understand the spoken word at times, it is even more so to grasp the meaning of the written word. 
My example for today? I have been checking out blogs and websites this morning and came across an entry I thought I would be interested in as we approach spring...”Tips for the distressed curvy dresser”.   Cool..that describes me and my fashion sense!  I could use some advice, a tip would help me understand straight legs vs. boot cut maybe, or how long (or not) my sweater should be.  I am perfectly distressed over some of the decisions I have to make every day! This is awesome! 
Nope, refinishing an antique chest of drawers, folks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment