Friday, April 13, 2012

Now that gets my goat!

I sorta hate the media..the press…news. I don’t usually say that I “hate” something. Well, wait a minute, yes I do. I say it all the time.

I am not, I repeat, NOT, voting for Mitt Romney.  Secondly, I am really riled up over the media reaction to this Hilary Somebody who said in referencing Mrs. Romney that “she never worked a day in her life”. That led all sorts of people to respond to her statement – including Mrs. Obama for crying out loud - that stay at home moms deserved some respect, and of course they “worked”.

I am pretty sure that’s not the point Hilary Whoever was trying to make. I think she was talking financially and how Mrs. Romney could not relate to struggling families economically. I am pretty sure she was talking about Mrs. Romney being a woman of privilege ~ a whole lotta privilege. A ton of privilege. It had nothing to do with her parenting choice for crying out loud, or whether homemakers, mothers and others, deserved respect for what they do.

Why oh why are we so quick to jump all over a statement, take it out of context, change its meaning and run a dang presidential campaign on it? It matters not whether Mrs. Romney is a stay at home mom or goes out to perform neurosurgery at the crack of dawn, the point Hilary Whosits was making was the woman is golden. She has been since hooking up with ol’ Mitt, the multi billionaire, and maybe even before but, I’ll be honest, I haven’t bothered to check. They are rich for goodness sakes…stinking rich and she lives a completely different life than the rest of us…or to quote Hilary Unfortunate, “Lets face it”.  She may not relate well to you and me. You know any stinking rich people? STINKING rich? I think you may find them a bit out of touch with daily financial struggles…just a guess cause I don’t know any STINKING rich people of the Romney’s level.  

Gosh, I hate media manipulation almost as much as I hate political manipulation. For goodness sakes is there anyone in their right mind who doesn’t agree with the statement that Mrs. Romney has never “worked” a day in a purely financial reference, which was the dang point? I am so incredibly outraged that female politicos all over this country including Mrs. O, who is one of my faves, are twisting this statement into some sort of platform on which to set up camp. Do you really think Hilary Stepped Right In It was disparaging stay at home moms? Seriously, do you? If you do, have you even bothered to listen to the whole presentation or are you reading the ONE sentence and listening to pundits who are manipulating the interview and creating a national fallout in defense of stay at home moms everywhere? How ridiculous. You know what she meant. Stop making this a statement about something it was clearly NOT about. The woman is filthy rich. Filthy with it. Talk about dumb…this debate has been about the dumbest I’ve heard since Alexander Haig said he was in charge. Do not manipulate me. I won’t stand for it.

2 comments:

  1. I heard the interview with Hilary Rosen from which this firestorm erupted. and yes, she did say because Mrs. R. never worked a day in her life, she couldn't relate to economic issues. in the interviews since then, she still is stepping in it. there does appear to be a segment of the political world that does believe you aren't a real woman unless you are in the workforce. Jason Childs was defending Hilary's viewpoint today and made it clear. I am tired of it I tell you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I have no idea who Jason Childs is or what he said. All I know is, Hilary Rosen made a comment in response to Mitt Romney stating he asked his wife, Ann, whom he married at 18, what the concerns of today's woman are. Hilary wasn't particularly eloquent, but, bottom line is Ann ain't living the same life the rest of us are so he might have asked a different source. More to the point, Hilary said today "Lets put an end to this phony war" and that, my friend, she nailed.

    ReplyDelete