Thursday, May 29, 2014

Friends

I really like Maya Angelou.  I not only like what she said, but I like how she said it.  I like the tone of her voice, the pattern of her speech, her melody.  I watch so very little TV now and I realize that Maya was one of the joys of seeing a talk show, an Oprah episode, an interview. 

Progress, right? We get our news differently these days, have our conversations differently, consider our friendships differently.  While I enjoy facebook to keep in touch with you and see your kids and grandkids, and share my family with you, I miss the physical, in person friendships.  The call to see what I'm doing, the "lets go to...", the drop by,drop in.  The pat of your hand on mine, our quick embrace, our long squeeze.

“No one can take the place of a friend, no one.”
Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment