Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Carwaxing nostalgic

I am starting to think ahead to a new car in a year or so and have already tried to think about what kind of car that will be.  Hubs will be retired, I think, and so it will need to accommodate both our needs.  I hate to say it, but I am leaning towards a mini-van. 

I had a mini-van a few years ago and loved it.  We drove it until the wheels almost fell off and it saw some great, fun times.  Plenty of room, could load it up with people and take to the highway.  Since hubs and I plan on doing a little traveling by car when he retires, I am starting to think mini-van.  I’ve done the red car, I’ve done the sports car and am over it, or at least I will be. 
I have a sister-in-law who drives a mini-van.  I think she likes it a lot and can also pile all her grandchildren in when needed.  I wish I could say that is one of my considerations but since my grandkids are all out of town, it’s not like I can pick them up after school and run them to their next event or practice.   Oh, how I wish.  Maybe I just want to remember those times…maybe I am getting nostalgic for those days…when I had a van load of kids, my own and many others, and it was magic.

Yeah. Probably.  Now it would just be creepy for me to pick up a van load of teenagers and take them on the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment