Thursday, March 9, 2017

Reflections.

The mirror of my dreams has been in the Pottery Barn catalog for years.  I’m sure in their stores, too, but I don’t have one all that close so have not seen it in person.   I have wanted that mirror for so long.  However, the mirror is huge, as is much of their inventory. Big, gigantic…huge and way, way too big for my little home. 

I was thrilled a couple years ago when they released a smaller, half-size version of this mirror – only I had nowhere to put it.  But, I still dreamed of that mirror.  As soon as we started talking renovating the house, and adding a fireplace, I had a place for the mirror. Immediately, almost, the mirror went on sale, they had free shipping and I ordered the mirror of my dreams…dark frame surrounding beveled glass panes.  Sold, I said to myself.  It's still expensive but I want that mirror.  

The mirror arrived weeks ago.  Weeks.  We have moved the box from one side of the space to the other.  It’s a big box.  I was nervous as it was leaned first against one wall, then another.  Hubs declared he didn’t want to hang it so nothing would happen to it during the finishing of the fireplace or the ripping out of cabinets.  I was convinced it should be hung, rather than leaned here and there, among tools and buckets of drywall mud.  But, I wasn't going to be able to hang it myself so I just watched it as it made it's rounds through the construction mess.  

This week, we started to do a little bit of the final touches, like hang a picture, hang the clock.  Oh, we are not close to being done, but, the appliances and the cabinets are coming next week.  I am agonizing over counter stools currently and browsing a gazillion websites and stores looking for just the right ones.  But, still, hubs was not sure the mirror should go up because we still need to put the stone on the fireplace, and it has some sort of remote control issue that needs to be resolved, and we still aren't sure about a mantel.  

HOWEVER...da ta da daaaahhhhh.   

We reached compromise this week and I give you, the mirror.




No comments:

Post a Comment