Monday, November 6, 2017

It's getting "chili" in here!

This has been a fantastic couple of weeks for us.  We celebrated our 40th anniversary, with a wonderful, short-stay-long-weekend trip to Seattle, to visit our son and daughter-in-law, did a few things there we have never done before and had a great time. The Pacific Northwest is certainly beautiful and so very different than Indiana!

A favorite was the ferry ride over to Bainbridge Island where we spent much longer than we dreamed we would, tasting wine and eating cheese.  Of course, Pike Place Market is a “must-see”.  We hiked down Post Alley on our last morning, stood in line for 20 minutes for some unbelievably good crab and lobster chowder.  We also split a lobster roll that tasted incredibly fresh.  It was a great trip indeed.
 
Our son works at the Museum of Pop Culture, otherwise known as MoPop, which is super fun.  We took in the Space Needle, of course, and visited the Dale Chihuly museum.  I thank my days at a local art/education museum for providing me with a pretty good base to appreciate studio glass. Chihuly’s work is mind blowing.

Home only a few days we hosted our annual chili party this past weekend.  Both daughters were here early to help me get ready, and I could not have done it without them. Delayed by rehearsals for the Nutcracker in Indianapolis, one granddaughter arrived just in time with her dad and brother.  The holidays are fast approaching, and the Nutcracker will soon be put to bed.  Of course, not until the performances are complete! Our granddaughter’s first year in the production brings a new appreciation for this timeless ballet, and the anticipation of her “debut” as a wooden soldier ripples through her, to her mom, to me.
   
The Annual Chili Party was a success…rain kept us inside this year but we have plenty of room since the remodeling.  We laughed, we spilled, we ate way too much, we admonished kids, we let them be.  I love seeing the family together. It is a chance for the first cousins, and now their babies, to catch up, without the "extra" of a holiday and all that it brings.  

These past few weeks also brought sadness as I lost my older brother to ALS.  He was dear to me, and a sweet guy.
 
I recently committed to posting a “days of love” photo or video or happy-stance on my Facebook timeline.  I have heard from several of you that you enjoy this happy post habit so I look forward to giving you more!

Squeeze the ones you love. 

facebook.com/cindiswindowlakeliving/

No comments:

Post a Comment