Friday, April 6, 2018

We will get there again.


This has been a crazy week, with the stock market going up, then down, then up…then, who knows? Then, there’s the snow issue.  I’ve written about April snow before and well, I don’t like it one bit.  I have sweet little primrose blossoms trying to push their way through and it isn’t going well for them, nor all the daffodils that sprinkle the woods with their smiley yellow.  What did they ever do except look precious and sweet?

Good news is I am watching robins daily.  Now, I am keeping an eye on the light fixtures around the house to prevent nests from appearing.  I know some of you would just say “Oh, let them nest on top of that light!” but, you know, its just not my thing.  I like birds but really don’t think they need to nest on the house.  Especially not my new light fixtures.
 
I am still struggling with the right piece of furniture to put on the front porch area.  I’m now just without anything out there.  The wicker settee that I had moved there came back in to the screen porch last week for a party and has not been moved out.  The screen porch is the next project to be completed, is about 90% and awaits the arrival of the ceiling tongue and groove boards, and the shiplap to complete the project.  Yes, shiplap.  I drank the kool-aid and admit I kind of like the look, at least for now.

Another project I am undertaking this next week is the top of my desk and the office/guest bedroom closet.  I am just going to have to bite the bullet and buy another tote for Christmas decorations that can go in the attic.  I couldn’t possibly squeeze another box in this closet, and I feel like I have condensed as much as I can.  Now, this is from the lady who doesn’t put up a tree remember?  Yes, and still has that many boxes of Christmas stuff, and there may be just a bit of Halloween crammed in that closet as well.
  
Construction is going on all around me this spring as the neighbors across the way are finishing their garage, the house next door is being renovated and the big project – the brand new house.  Its going to be noisy and not always the most convenient perhaps since we share a yard and driveway, but, we are all so excited to see that house get underway!

I am looking forward to it warming up just a bit more…to longer days and being able to sit on the deck, with a fire in the firepit, or down by the bonfire. Maybe with an adult beverage, a cheese or two, as we say goodnight to the day.   







No comments:

Post a Comment