Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Tiny squirrels, tiny patience.

Started accumulating a few plants to fill up the many, many pots.  I have worked on the “dry creek bed” at the downspout area and fought the urge, fought it again, still fighting, to put something in the ground.  I have started “hardening” the few plants I have by setting them outside and then bringing them back in at night.  We have a few more days of cold nights…below 40…ahead but I think the freeze is over.  Possibly.  There’s a chance that Wednesday will get below 32.  Come on.  My patience is wearing thin.  

For the last couple of years we have had a black squirrel running around the property.  I have only seen one, at least I think its just one.  However, this morning I noticed a little bitty black squirrel, a baby, chasing around with other tiny squirrels.  Now, my old neighbor told me when we first spotted the lone black squirrel a couple years ago that they are not a separate type of squirrel but more of a rare coloring of your typical squirrel.  So, it’s not like I have new varieties of squirrels popping up, just regular old squirrels that have a degree of “melanism”.  Here’s some info, if you would care to learn more: https://animalsake.com/facts-about-black-squirrels

At any rate, the tiny little squirrels chasing around and around the wood chip pile and up and down trees this morning are very entertaining.  As soon as they start uprooting my plantings I will be less enamored, I’m sure. 


facebook.com/cindiswindowlakeliving

No comments:

Post a Comment