Friday, March 15, 2019

Just around the corner.


Now, this weather has got to go.  It’s important, I know, to have spring rain…it helps the lake, it helps the flowers and trees, it helps, it helps.  But you should see our driveway and yard.  Things are super muddy around here, like walking in fudge.  But, yes, there will be sun and drying winds.  This is temporary, I know.  

A couple weeks ago I talked about introducing essential oils into some of my daily routines, which I have continued to do although have not improved on incorporating as much as I want to.  I do still love the frankincense and coconut oil I am using on my neck and chest. Working on those imperfections and happy with the results.  A drop of lemon oil in my water every day, several glasses a day, and a mix of lemon, lavender and tea tree oil to spritz on my counters.  Using my diffuser more often and saw a great little recipe for a spring fragrance called Shamrocks.  Tee hee hee.  Love that.

A few years ago I started watching a make-up artist on You Tube.  I liked her because she was fun, funny, impertinent and did not give a care about what people thought.  She entertained me and although I am not into make-up so much, I liked watching her.  I was maybe a little depressed during those days and needed a boost.  I put her right up there with smutty romance novels and the Bravo housewives franchise.  I cannot get enough.  Shocking, right? Is there anyone out there more shallow than me? 

Anyway, when I started watching this young woman, I also started paying attention to some of the products that seemed to pop up in a lot of places but were often very expensive and not something I was going to spend money on, since I am not a make-up person.  However, I was intrigued by one product that seemed to get mentioned a lot.  Tarte Shape Tape.  I do not understand why it is called Shape Tape as it is neither for shaping nor taping.  It’s concealer.  The product reviews were ridonkulous, as they say, and recently I pulled the trigger and ordered some to be sent in a plain brown unmarked envelope to my home.

This stuff is pretty good.  It’s good on wrinkles and discolorations – okay, bags – around my eyes.  I have learned how to blend and smooth and it truly does take a smidgen of this stuff to work.  I use it all around my eyes because I do not use eye shadow but the eyelids aren’t what they use to be, and this stuff really does go on thin and not settle into lines and wrinkles.  It’s good stuff and I recommend, if that matters to you at all.

So I guess what I am getting at with all these new ideas and items is that it’s not too late, I guess ever, to try to improve yourself and your surroundings.  It would be so easy to just accept what I have, what I know, at my age, but, I really do want to be better, look my best healthy self, feel my best healthy self.
    
That being said I had to run an errand yesterday and WOW am I glad I didn’t see any one I know as I did not do my eyes, or my hair, or my wardrobe for that matter.   If you did happen to see me, thanks for ignoring me and sparing me the anguish it would have caused both of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment