Friday, May 15, 2020

Garden or Life?


For the past couple of years I have landed on a word or two to help me set some goals for, oh, I don’t know, lets call it carrying on.  Its been joy, its been intention, its been deliberate.  As I watched some birds out the window this morning and bemoaned the fact that the ground is probably too wet to do more planting, I realized I didn’t have a word for 2020.
    
I am sure we all agree that there are a few words fitting for 2020 and not all of them are G rated.  Not all of the words I can think of would project an attitude of positivity.  The thing is, as I look out the window and bemoan…some would call it wallow…I work at my attitude.  It is too wet to plant, but, when the sun comes out a little it will be a great time to weed, for the ground will be soft and the colors will be bright. I will be able to easily identify the weed. I have a kneeling pad, I have gloves and a garbage can.  I have brand new snips and pruners, and I have a trowel.  I am equipped.

Gardening and landscaping take planning, for sure. Audrey Hepburn once said “To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow”.  It takes belief and faith and it takes time. But let’s face it, it also takes action.  Gardening includes tasks, like weeding, because gardens don’t just happen, although I have tried that approach, too, when I just didn’t have the time or inclination.  Lots of metaphors there, isn’t there?

I have the faith and belief, I have equipment and I have time, oh, and I have weeds.  My word for 2020 ~ Action.  Let me take action.







No comments:

Post a Comment