Monday, February 7, 2011

This is TRUE.


What to me is true is the honest to goodness love families hold in their center.  I have always been an observer and one of the things I observe is love being exchanged between people.  Its never bigger than it is within a circle of a family.  
This week I  observed love and pride, as one young woman, whom I adore, stepped bravely into a public arena and offered to be a servant.  I greatly admire people who are willing to expose themselves to open inspection through government service.  I only wish there were more qualified, honest and capable people who do.  Maybe if we stopped inspecting them, they would.  Then again, it is through inspection that flaws are found.  However,  when one steps forward and is shining, we should all pay attention.   As this lovely young person stepped forward, I watched the quiet love of a man for his daughter and the prideful love of a mother for her child.  It was beauty, for sure. 
I also felt love, watched love, and loved in return, in a gathering of family.  I loved watching my nephew, great, lovely man that he is, love his sister’s baby as if he were one of his own.    I also loved watching my great-nephews, his son’s, love this new cousin.  I love when men act like boys and I love when boys act like toddlers!   I also love seeing the thread of a family weave through and around its members, tightly knitting it together.  I love the men in my family, I’ve decided, for reasons beyond their manliness and strength.  I am fortunate to be surrounded by good men with open hearts, and the women who love them, raised them and mother them now.  
I am grateful for the scenes that unfold before me, every day, to observe.  I know I sit back and watch, but to me, its better than any movie I’ve ever seen, any novel I’ve ever read.  Families being families, and love being love. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you have captured it! Thank you for putting family love into words.... that was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindi...I melted into tears as I read your loving and insightful words in this message. I have struggled with not wanting to appear boastful, or excessive in regards to this "young lady" you write so eloquently about. Your words have been a blessing and Blair and I are indeed fortunate to have you in our sphere of "wise ones" who help us feel natural and unjudged! Love you, Dear Friend!

    ReplyDelete