Thursday, February 3, 2011

Not this girl, not this time.


I am sitting in my office looking out at this beautiful winter wonderland.  I’ve looked at the pictures in the electronic editions of newspapers and magazines, my friend’s posts.  It’s snowy. 
I am not impressed this time.  I really am not.  For some reason this massive storm just bored me.  I didn’t have anywhere to go so it wasn’t keeping me from traveling or visiting.  It seems like the snow is deep and the wind is howling, but I couldn’t begin to describe it.  It is doing what it is suppose to do to keep me interested but well, I’ve got other things, you know? I’m not irritated at this snow that keeps me in my little house and just because I am not going to defy it, doesn’t mean I am it’s servant. 

Husband came in from shoveling and clearing paths for various things and wanted to talk about it.  It’s so cold he tells me.  It’s so deep.  It’s so white and well, I don’t care.  It’s an inconvenience to me, to be sure, as I do have some things to attend to outside of this house but, they will wait. 
I wish this were contentment but I don’t think it is.  I don’t think its depression as it is not at all familiar.  I am not feeling anxious or stressed or even the slightest bit of “cabin fever”. 
A few years ago, a book came out on dating and relationships.  The title is “He’s Just Not That Into You” and it was all the rage.  I think that’s it.  I’m just not that into you, storm. It’s not you, it’s me. I give you respect but no bow, no curtsy...no decline of the head.  No waiting for your call and I’m not going to call you because you see,  I am just not that into you.   Do us both a favor and move along, storm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment