Sunday, February 20, 2011

You know you make me wanna...

Don’t you just love hearing good news about someone you know? Or better yet, good news about one of their children? I do.  I really get excited when a child of a friend or relative achieves something beyond what they may have ever imagined for themselves.  
I am delighted with good news, generally.  I would guess that can be said about everyone.  I mean, who would live for bad news? It comes, but its not like we delight in it.  While I do know people who live for drama, I can’t say I know anyone that relishes in bad news. 
I’ve had some folks recently receive a bit of both.  Friends with good news about their kids accomplishments or desires.  Friends with a bit of sad or “bad” news. Someone said “Things are not always what they seem” to me this week and that is something I certainly don’t need to hear again.  Breaks my heart every time.  

 When someone comes to me with some really great news, I’m so excited.  I may even spread it around.  Is it gossip if its good stuff or only gossip if its bad stuff?  I am not someone (spoiler alert!) that gets overly demonstrative about much, but, good news? Shoot, I’m all over it.  We get so much bad news these days ~ I don’t know if we receive less good news but we sure seem to have gotten a lot of bad news. 
So, what’s your good news this week? Share it with others.  Go ahead, brag on your kid.  If people seem bored by it, call me.   New job? Awesome!  New plan? Excellent!   New direction? Yay, you!  Post it here in the comments section. I promise to rejoice with you.  I will clap.  I will shout.  I may even do the hokey pokey, as that’s what its all about! 

4 comments:

  1. Bob and I got pulled into a black hole not of our making five years ago. It has been a terribly difficult journey up and out... but last November began the part that seems doable. And when you asked us to post good news about our kids, I rejoiced in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard through Malorie that Joel is doing an awesome job taking care of Jackson while she is working her occasional 12 hour shift. He carries him around in a front wrap!~~he takes him to church!~~they go get subs together. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...to raise a boy that is a great daddy must be the BEST! And you are very good at it, it seems!!! congrats on that!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete