Thursday, March 24, 2011

Now what?

Now, what? What now? I believe I am not the only one who asks this question, whether to ourselves, our partners or the atmosphere.  My new blog focus will be more on, well, “to dos” and adventures!  Not so much reminiscing and wistful pondering as forward thinking, and plotting!  I am happy to have blown the cobwebs off a few memories, but, enough with that already! 
To get started, let me give you an idea of what’s facing me right now.  Yard work.  It is facing all of us, I imagine.  I accept that we have a huge expanse of dirt to manage and, quite frankly, I don’t know how long mister and myself will be able to keep it up. I know I don’t have the bend in the knees and back that I use to, and while I really enjoy the beautiful grounds of Augusta, someone gets paid big bucks to manage those grounds, and has many workers.  I read somewhere that if the azaleas are ready to bloom too early in Augusta for the big golf event they ice them down to hold off the blooms! Can you imagine? I rejoice whenever a bloom opens in my yard and can’t wrap my head around making them not bloom! 
My first “Now what?” is, how am I going to get all this yard work accomplished?  I have visions of epic grandeur for my space and well, no pot of gold, for one and no leprechauns.  I need some worker bees.  I thought I had it all planned out as all three of my offspring were here last weekend and were rake ready.  However, it was colder than anticipated, one developed strep throat and one son-in-law was unable to be here.  So much for that plan, now what? 
There are plans underway for them to all visit again soon.  We still have some tree “mess” to clean up from the storms last summer which is a big task, and needs more hands.   It will make a nice difference for the daffodils and tulips that will soon be shouting!  
I am glad it is spring.  I am glad there is work to be done.  I am anxious to oil up the garden weasel tool and take on some weeding.  I have spent a lot of time indoors this past six months - I am ready for some fresh air and putting in hard time in the yard.   It can’t be done in a day, this is for sure, but, it will get done.  Get ye outside! 

No comments:

Post a Comment