Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My mama said

Good things come to those who wait, so my mama told me. She also told me you can’t hurry love. That there would be days like this. And, to always wear clean underwear, in case I end up in ER.


Last week I announced the end of a chapter as I set out to find a new job outside of my home-based business. I began with a cheery outlook but as I searched a few pages and stayed up late going through websites and postings, I wasn’t finding much, I had one hour or so of a bit of panic.

I’ve been through a fair amount and determined what kind of setting I would need to be in. Collaborative, supportive, creative and true. I am very much aware of who I am and I am more aware than ever of what I will and will not surround myself with, and who, and I determined that had to be so in my work life as much as anywhere else.   I’ve done the whole working for someone and pretending to be someone else…like someone who likes them, for example…and I determined I was not going down that path. I crawled out of that quagmire, just by the hair of my chiny chin chin. (and that's not a waxing reference!) We have probably all read the articles about how to present yourself, what to ask, what to wear and say. Nope. I will be Cindi. I will wear what I am comfortable wearing and I will find the place that fits me. I can’t hide my 56 year old face and body, so, here you have me. Glorious, capable and fun ME.

The clouds opened and revealed a perfect location for me, and a job I can certainly perform. At – get this people who know me well – a center for the arts. The Arts. Can you believe it? The interview went well, the wait excruciating but in the end, perfection. The Arts! I start next week and not doing the job I actually interviewed for but one that is so much more.

So it’s next chapter time, folks. The people are smart, fun and ooze creativity. The conversations lively, animated and honest. Man. Someone PINCH me!

No comments:

Post a Comment