Thursday, October 20, 2011

Was that a year? Really?

Today is my birthday and although I worked today I did spend a little time reflecting over the last year, to see what's different, what's the same and what needs to change.  I prefer to do this kind of thing around my birthday rather than New Year's Eve; to me, it just makes more sense.

I really, really like my new job.  It is not enough money...there is not enough time in the day to get everything done but, for the time being, that's okay.  We can visit those issues later.   I am so enjoying being with the art everyday, I can't even tell you.  There's some minor adjustments that will need to be made along the way to some of the processes that I work with every day, but I really like it.  The people are great as well.

Someone said to hubs last week that the job comes with its own social life and that is so true.  I've had two events and one dinner to attend! Me, who never left the house to the concern of my friends and family!  I am very grateful as one of the things that needed to change, if I were being honest, was that I need to be out and amongst it.  Check.

I looked at my face for a while in the mirror this morning and felt okay about what I saw.  I see my mom's neck there but that's to be expected, I guess.   I again thought to myself "Not bad, not bad" as I took a brief survey of the lumps and bumps of me.  I don't sweat the weight gain and the gravity drain as some others might.  I just don't want to be burdened with thinking about that ALL the time.

You know about my hair cut and my change of shampoo.  My hair is growing super fast but is not looking much thicker than it was.  I've got thin spots to be sure, but my hair is healthy and shiny and I like it alright.  So. My nails are super tough.  My feet swell and my legs sometimes hurt.  Still can't get to sleep every night but I get to sleep most nights so that's good.  I think all in all, I like me pretty well.  I looked in the mirror and thought, again, not bad for a bird your age, Cindi Lou.  Just like last year,  I thought "Yep, not bad for 56." Do the math...57, not 56.  Why can't I get that right?

No comments:

Post a Comment