Monday, July 7, 2014

Vacation get-away

It all began about a month ago when I ate my way through the beach city of Destin, Florida and continued on through a family reunion, a few late, late night meals, 4th of July and then culminated with a seafood boil for family which was too much to be believed it was so good.  My goodness, I am stuffed.

I have had the greatest six weeks or so filled with fun, friends, family, food.  But, staying up way too late, eating way too late, not sleeping enough or drinking enough water…it’s taking a toll.  I need a vacation from my vacation. 

I am not one to just pick a city and travel to it but I have to say, I am considering checking in to a hotel for just one night, enjoying some juice and toast, taking a stroll through an antique store or two and heading home after a light lunch.  Doesn’t that sound kind of divine and decadent?  I mean, it’s silly right?  We just got back from a beautiful, beach filled, doused in sunshine trip.   

Don’t care.  I’m doin’ it! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment