Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A little gypsy in me...


I have got so many building plans in my head and on various scrap pieces of paper.  Some even on graph paper, like I know what I am doing.  We have had discussions, debates and decisions.  One of those decisions has been, and this is today, let’s do the many small projects first.  Oh, them’s mighty dangerous words, sir. 

I don’t think he knows how many small projects there are…or what I consider small and what he may consider to be small.  But, here’s a few, just to get started: A driveway change, a parking spaces change, a garage, a shed, new porches with overhangs on both the kitchen side and road side of the house, finish landscaping around my bridge and railings for the bridge, and low-voltage landscape lighting.

There is a new project to my ever growing list.  And here it is:

Now, my good friend Carolyn might say here “Hey! I’m the gypsy!” and she’s right, but, I don’t actually want this to GO anywhere.  I just want it in the woods.  I want there to be a desk in there and some opportunity for electricity but I don’t want there to be a toilet or a kitchen.  I don’t want to LIVE in it, for crying out loud. 
I love the idea of a small cottage in our space.  I like the idea of something whimsical.  A fun place to read, or relax, to dream or to plan ~ a get-away without going away.   These small homes can be built on trailer frames and be road worthy, if that’s what you are in to, but, that’s not what I am seeking.  I hear, but haven’t confirmed, that if built on a frame like this it doesn’t require a building permit or can be taxed.  I am checking that out, believe me.

Don’t be surprised if you see this, or something similar, along the way.  It will take some talking but I have lost the gazebo argument, and this is round 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment