Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Yes, but where does it lead?

My bridge has been leading nowhere for a while now and I continue to plan and dream for where I want it to end.  The area on either side has some new additions, with new little trees and some landscaping plants.  I want it to “go” somewhere, though and envisioning a destination at the end has taken up a lot of my time this week.

I walk my bridge almost every morning, thinking not only about plants and trees but life, family, travel.  I have delayed putting a railing up as I wasn’t sure what I wanted.  I put this bridge in as a homage to my background, to my upbringing, to my dad, the bridge builder, who bundled and trundled his family from worksite to worksite.  My bridge is a reminder to me of my childhood. 
Because of my memories, I decided I wanted the railing to continue to reflect that heritage.  I didn’t want heavy wooden sides or the landscaping to be blocked.  Besides, sometimes I sit on the side of my bridge, to ponder or rest, and a railing might interfere.  Husband and I had many talks, tossed around many ideas and I begin work today on the railing.  I hope to post a picture next week of my walkway and my bridge.  My “destination” may be unclear, but my path is taking shape; not yet finished but further than I had been.  Golly…that may be an illustration of more than my bridge, folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment