Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Working it.

I have written before of Thanksgiving…of how it is my favorite holiday, without the stress or pressure for gifts or events, just turkey and pumpkin pie.  It’s a holiday full of gratitude and since being grateful for my family and my friends is my top priority, I love Thanksgiving as I usually get a pretty strong dose during this week.
 
Wandering around my yard and the neighboring yards (yeah, I’m kind of free range) every morning, I am working on a peaceful heart.  I want to be kinder, gentler.  Last year, I was determined to take joy ~ and I have been doing pretty well, if I do say so myself.  2016 is to be more gentle.  I know there are times this year when I have too easily become riled up, even angry, over small things and big things, maybe even justifiably.  But, it takes so much energy, you know? Coming down from being riled up isn’t as easy as it once was and I don’t want to be that cranky old lady.  You know the one…that’s not for me.  Thing is, there are things that seriously bug me so it’s work for me.  It’s also work for me to not be so outspoken about my irks.
Working on my irks.  At my age, to know I am not yet complete, is humbling and motivating. Sorta. 
For those of you who read this blog, many of whom I do not personally know, comment on this blog and also read my Lake Living facebook page, I am grateful for you.  I appreciate your comments to me, when you see me out and about, and appreciate those you send to me, whether you post publicly or through a private message. 
I hope you celebrate well this season of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment