Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Worth it, so worth it.

Hubs and I have been very lucky in the past few years to travel to a warm climate in the middle of winter for a business trip of sorts. Some say monkey business but that’s another story! It’s been glorious to be able to attend these week long get-aways and I will miss them when our time to fully retire comes.  I think I have two more trips left before hubs is completely done with working, if our plan holds true.
 
This year we came home to 17” of snow; a utility company repair for power outage and a small limb that hit the back windshield of my car just right and shattered it, with a plate size hole.  We didn’t discover it until hubs cleaned off my car, which was several days after it happened.  The glass repair company came to the house on a lovely, icy day and replaced it and I am as good as gold as they say.
The utility restoration project also left me with a crumbled fake landscape rock and a busted well head.  Now, in reporting this damage to the utility company, which I believe occurred when they had big trucks in the yard, I tried to explain to the woman in the customer service department the wiring was exposed.  She could not get past downed wires.  I tried to explain many times that no, I do not have a downed wire, no I have not lost power, no it is not affecting my neighbors.  Just me…ya ran over my well head, exposed the wires to the elements and now I have no water.  Maybe a short or a blown fuse, but, I have power.  I do not have water.  Finally, I just agreed that yes, I have a power outage and wires are exposed.  I think that utility guy is going to be a bit annoyed when he arrives to inspect my emergency and finds out what is really going on here, but I hope he is more amused than annoyed.
Vacations are fun, for sure.  Sometimes the week after is more stressful than the weeks leading up to it! Only 51 more weeks until my next warm weather get-away, but, who’s counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment