Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Flying into spring.

The sun is really doing its best at my lakeside home today.  Flowers are starting to bud out on the trees and yes, the allergies are popping up, too.  I have not been an allergy sufferer until the last year or so.  Not really sure why I am now but the nose, the sneezing and the cough, yay.

I have been reviewing my landscaping budget and I’ve gotten close to blowing it already on a few new additions to the “things” I like to add for interest.  A special pot, which this year is a cement head and I’m CRAZY for it, a glass stake that I picked up last week when shopping with a favorite nephew and his mom.
   
I am not a fairy garden kinda gal but I did buy, with the help of one of my grandsons, some miniature things to start one in an old bird bath.  I’m excited about it because I know they will be.  We will work on it later this week when two of them are here for a spring break visit.
 
Trying to hold back from getting ahead of the weather, I have fertilized flowering trees and shrubs and added good top soil into some of the beds and under those trees.  I enjoy the dirt part but it doesn’t bring quite the same show as adding flowers and plants.  I rake and I move piles of leaves, sticks and twigs so that I can be ready but I am probably a good 4 weeks, if not 5 from really getting to plant.  There are some things I might be able to transplant if I’m very good…I want to try to move a healthy big azalea that is named Mildred, which was my mom’s first name ~ and she hated, but it’s called Mildred and I want to save it.  I have been carefully surveying spots it might go, if I get up the nerve…but it has to go as it is in the way of the upcoming remodeling.
 
The remodeling.  I cannot wait to get started! We are on the schedule and while it is going to start a bit later in the spring than I would have hoped, we are going to start.   I have talked paint color and siding, and windows till I am blue.  I have design ideas flooding my brain and I spend hours, too many hours, looking at websites and flipping through magazines.  I think of something I want to include or at least consider and my list is long, so very long.
 
As I was pulling in to the driveway after a quick run uptown I noticed a new spot to landscape, to upgrade.   More items on my list and more money to the budget.  Fasten that seatbelt, ladies and gentlemen, the captain has turned on the light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment