Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A reward at the end.

I spent a great weekend in my capitol city, where my daughters both live, this past weekend.  We had a big time even though the flu bug was running rampant through daughter #1's home.  Even the littlest boy, 7 months, has had it and not feeling great.

However, we visited a favorite store in the area, Sullivan's Hardware.  Yes, hardware.  It is the BEST store, with a great mix of hardware, home decorating and garden items.  I can't adequately describe it, really, but if you are ever in Indianapolis and want to go to a great retail location, Sullivan's at Keystone and about 71st.   Sullivan Hardware for more information.

A big snow was headed our way Sunday, so I delayed my return home until Monday morning.  To both allow time for the roads to be cleared and to drive during daylight hours.  I pressed my remote start key and began loading up my car, parked in daughter #2's drive, well on time and as planned.  A few trips, a walk around with little dog and into the car she goes, I put my key in the ignition and shut the door, running back inside for a minute to make sure I hadn't left anything.

You guessed it.  I just successfully, because I shut the door (so little dog wouldn't get out) but also did not turn my key on to disengage the remote start, locked the poor girl in the car, which soon exhausted the "run time" for the remote...which automatically locked the doors.

She laid down on her little bed, perfectly content to be away from toddlers and other dogs and I paced.  I have been a very bad old lady of late and have been ignoring my blood pressure, my blood sugar and all around nutrition.  I have suffered from a TAD of moodiness and a BIT of forgetfulness because of those things being slightly elevated (I say, having diagnosed myself) and I am committed anew to managing those items which I can control better.  Might as well mention that because I was now two hours behind I had to cancel my doctor's appointment scheduled for this very afternoon, so my physician could agree with my diagnosis...or correct me.

But,  I paced, rather than freak out.  I took deep breaths and watched my daughter scurry around, try to unlock the door with a water bottle, a plunger and a coat hanger while we waited for the locksmith guy, who was out on another job.  She didn't get it, but, bless her heart, she tried.  If she had a stronger coat hanger, she would have gotten it, as she knew just what to do.  I love her little resourceful heart.

So, little dog was just fine although starting to get a little nervous as she watched me, my daughter and the locksmith all peer through the windows at her, and tap on the glass, after she laid content on her little bed in the front passenger seat for more than two hours.  It was cold, but the car had been running before she got in, and she seemed to take it in stride.  She was glad to get out for a minute, while daughter and I cheered, hopped right back in and off we went, $95 and three minutes later.

The closer I got to home, the snowier things became, with fluffy snow on branches of towering trees. When I arrived home, the sky and water were a spectacular aqua shade, with white, white snow and white, white swans on the lake, with a full white, white moon rising.  It was a postcard scene and I was glad to be in it.  Hubs had cleaned some of the construction mess up and the kitchen was tidy. Well, sorta.  He made chili and seemed to have a problem at the stove top but all is well; at least he can feed himself!







No comments:

Post a Comment