Wednesday, December 28, 2016

I am one of them now.

I did it.  I became one of those folks…I asked for and received a Fitbit.  I am wearing it for the third day and while I can’t say that it’s my favorite gift ever, I don’t mind it.  I am absolutely sure I am not using it to the full potential but I am learning a little more every day.
 
For example, a few minutes ago, I felt a little hum on my wrist.  Oh, the Fitbit says I should get up and walk a few steps.  Whether it knows I have been sitting in one spot too long or it’s because it knows I will never hit my “steps per day” goal doesn’t really matter I suppose.  It’s a good little nudge in a right direction.

I drug our elliptical out of the corner it was lodged in the basement so I could use it a little easier, too.   This is not necessarily a New Year’s Resolution but more of a “Why am I panting?” resolution.  I am losing steam and stamina far too easily these days and need to improve that!   I guess this Fitbit will log that for me as well as there is a little stick figure icon that appears to be using one of those accident waiting to happen contraptions as I scroll through the screens.  

It also lets me know if there is a text message on my phone and will allow me to read it.  That’s cool because I often have no idea where I laid my phone down.  Now THAT would be great ~  “Okay, so you need to walk around and look for your phone…if you don’t find it in 50 steps, I’ll tell you where it is.”

No comments:

Post a Comment