Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Taking 2017 with joy!

I announced several months ago a desire and a quest to take joy, to share joy and to live joyously.   I am pretty pleased with how that is going, and admit there is much to discover and understand about living joyously.  I hope you will join me in 2017 and read along, share a comment, allow a giggle or two, as I look to the good, for the good and know there is good.  
 
Things really started happening at the end of last week.  We had to go pick up my new swivel/glider rocking chairs for the area just in front of the fireplace, we had the fireplace delivered, we ordered stone, we talked to my buddy, who will be here later today to start on the framing for said fireplace installation.  We are moving along! One side is disaster and one side is nearing completion!  While part of me wants to say the major renovation has been complete, there is the kitchen update looming large.  I am so excited about the kitchen decisions we have made and look forward to the renovation! The dust, the falling insulation, the grossness (sure, yeah, I admit it) of kitchen remodeling.  Surprises under the fridge and oven.  Ew.

Hubs has laid floor in about half the space and we moved a TV upstairs.  We are watching TV upstairs, folks.  Like grown-ups.  I didn’t even go down in the basement for two days!  Now, the basement is finished, it’s not like a dungeon or anything, but I prefer my living room and my view.  The second part of the interior renovation, and the kitchen, is going to close off the new part for a bit and I will be going back downstairs, but, for this moment…I love the space!

We had perfect ice for two days and that made it possible to have skaters.  Have you ever watched skaters? It’s a dream world, for them and for those of us who watch.  Playing hockey, figure skating, speed skating or just learning, taking those first tentative, choppy steps – on an open lake – exhilarating.  Kids of all ages were headed back to school or work, but, their last weekend was spent on the ice, twirling, sliding, falling, laughing.  What an end to a long Christmas break! 

This week, as I watched the skaters, the moms and dads out there on the ice with their kids, I committed anew to joyous living.  To finding the good, the great even, in the big and the small, to claim it as mine, and to share it as yours.  Join me. 

Happy, joyful and joy-filled 2017, everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment