Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Not the usual stuff


Having just returned from a refreshing and relaxing week in Jamaica, I headed to the center of our state this past weekend to care for three of the five grandchildren while the parents enjoyed an adult weekend away with friends.  I hosted a sleep over and pizza party for all five of the kids so the other daughter and husband could enjoy a grown up date night out.  I remember how rare those days and nights were, and my mom helped me many, many times when my kids were young, so I guess I am continuing a tradition.

Unusual for me to have spent so much of the last two to three weeks in the company of others.  I’m alone so much of the time around the house, out doing my errands and shopping around that it was nice to have someone with me most times.  In Jamaica I was with a group of grown up folks, which was great fun.  With the grandkids, besides being together at home, we squeaked out a trip to a school playground to practice on scooters and burn off some energy.  We skipped our planned picnic as it was a bit colder than we hoped it would be for the day. 

We had a great, sometimes loud, sometimes too loud, long weekend.  I successfully got three kids up and ready three mornings…not one time were we in pajamas all day.  Since my watch extended to Monday, two were dressed, fed and out the door for the bus on time.  Now, I must tell you for nine and six-year olds, these two are awesome at getting it together, and needed very little assistance from me.  Once they were on the bus it was just me and a toddler, which went well.  After all, I was caring for a near two-year old who still requires a long after lunch nap and hey, who doesn’t?


No comments:

Post a Comment