Saturday, April 4, 2020

Checking in.


What do you really need?

What do you really want?

What are you able to live without?

The new normal.
 
I admit that I have struggled a bit this week.  I can’t remember the last time I was off my property…which is OK by me, really, its just that I can’t remember.  Since we are now considered “elderly” (which was a shock), I have been playing it very safe.  At least, I think so.  I am so grateful to our neighbors and our daughter for doing their utmost to keep us healthy and watching out for our well-being, getting our groceries and supplies, and including us in their runs for take-out food.
 
When we look back on this time, we will have learned much about ourselves, as individuals, as family and as citizens.  What do we want, need and can live without? I bet most of us have a list starting to develop in our heads already.  Way too much food has been kept and thrown out in this house over the years.  Way too many clothes and “niceties”.  Far too many snacks.  Not enough parties, not enough cook-outs. Not enough Isopropyl Alcohol and Hydrogen Peroxide.  Not enough Lysol spray – I’ll never be caught short again. 
Not enough contact with those I love.  Too many days and weeks go by without an “I love you” or even  “just checking in”.
 
Checking in, guys.  Hope you are well, hope you stay well and I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment