Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Have you ever known anyone who is walking around with a little rain cloud over their head? You know the one where it causes it to rain on just them? I have had some bad days and even some not so great weeks and months in my life. I’ve had a my own personal rain cloud at times.

I’ve got a friend who took a nasty tumble and screwed up a knee, an ankle, a foot...but considering the distance she travelled in that short amount of time, and the lack of spring in the concrete floor, we’re celebrating. Her fall was just a shower in what was already a rainy period for her. Remember when that book came out a few years ago and it was later discovered the alleged autobiography was really fiction? My friend's book will read like fiction, maybe even a comedy at times, but will be her truth.

How you handle a rainy day, a rainy month or, as in my friends case, a rainy year, is as individual as you are. There are theories and therapies, medication and meditation, soul searching and self reflection...prayer and plea. Its like a banquet, isn’t it? A little of this, and less of that. A main dish, with some sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment