Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bring it on, Grandma!


I LOVE my children.  I mean, I seriously love them.   When my friends and family became grandmothers one by one, I was often told “Just wait.  You won’t believe it.”, I admit I thought to myself “Really? How different can it be? I LOVE my children”.  
Well, from the moment this first little blonde head popped into my life I am a flag waving member of that “Just wait...you won’t believe it” group.  I don’t believe it.  I don’t believe the joy she brings to me and hubs.  I don’t believe how she makes the faces of others light up with delight.  I don’t believe the look in my daughter’s eyes as she talks about her, or my son-in-law’s pure affection for her.  I don’t believe I am the grandmother to this beauty.  I don’t believe how I ache to see her and almost run her grandfather over to be the first to get to her.  I don’t believe I could be any more fulfilled.  
I also don’t believe the way she looks at me.  She loves me.  She finds me funny.  Told me yesterday, in fact, “You funny, Gigi”.  I am so thrilled with her, and with my daughter, that I could almost explode.  I am entertained by my husband rolling around on the floor with her, and her squeals and giggles.  When she cries and sticks her lower lip out because things don’t go her way, I can’t help but chuckle, even when she is in deep with Mama.  
But! I have a new grandbaby on the way and more to follow, of this I am sure!   I am so looking forward to more joy, more disbelief, more, more and more.  I know the capacity to love is great in me!  I AM READY! 

I

1 comment:

  1. Being a Grammie and Grandma, I KNOW what you mean... and couldn't agree with you more... bring on MORE babies!

    ReplyDelete