Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ban the bomb.

I am not a prude.  I really am not.  
Did I miss a memo?
What’s with the f-bomb making its way into every day conversation from and to everybody?  Am I to understand there are no longer any “dirty words”? So its a free for all, right? A language free for all.  I need to adjust my thinking because now, we all get to say whatever we want, no matter our age, education  or upbringing?   I wish I would have known as there have been a few times in the last five years, even in the last week, where if I had known that using whatever words I wanted, whatever came to my mind, was perfectly acceptable...well, gee, this granny would have taken a few people to task.  I don’t have to be polite, genteel or considerate.  I can let it fly.   Awesome. 

I try my best to keep current but profanity for profanity’s sake is not something that’s on my radar.  In fact, here’s an example.  A few weeks ago I was at the gas station and was outside my car filling the tank.  At the pump on the other side was a well dressed man in his 40s, driving a BMW.  Pulling up right behind him was another man, not quite as well dressed, also in his 40s or so.  I’m going to call him man #2.  Their dialogue, shouted over man #2’s car engine, while man #1 fiddled with the gas nozzle went something like this:
Man #2:  Hey! How have you been?  
Man #1:  Great! How about you? How’s the Mrs? 
Man #2:  Oh she’s got me driving all over the f***ing town looking for some f***ing part to her f***ing washing f***ing machine like I am some f***ing plumber!  I can’t get my own f***ing sh** done because of the f***ing sh** she has me doing!  But, other than that f***ing sh**, she’s good.  
Man #1:  I get you! My f***ing wife has already called me three times on my f***ing phone to give me a f***ing list of things to do while I am out.  F*** that sh**! I have got my own f***ing sh** to do.  She can get the f*** off the couch and do it herself! 
Did I mention the toddler in the back seat of the BMW? 
Charming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment