Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Musings

I have a few questions and  maybe you do, too.  Here we go.

What the heck happened to the price of ground beef? I just returned from the grocery store and I could buy a Sirloin Tip Roast for $2.49 per pound.   Ground Beef, not even Ground Chuck, was “on special” for $2.99 per pound.  Ground Chuck was $3.99 per pound.  What happened?

Why does gas fluctuate almost 30 cents in a day, go down the next day by five cents and then back up the next day eight cents?  If the grocery store can keep the same price on an item for at least a week, why can’t gas stations?  Please don’t try to explain this to me using terms like futures, crude and pork bellies.   I don’t get it.  

Why when you look at a recipe online and read the reviews is there always at least one person who posts “This is the best recipe EVER.  I tweaked it a little bit by adding…” and proceeds to list 5 or 6 more ingredients.  I just looked for a simple broccoli cheddar soup recipe, just to make sure I had everything I needed on hand.  The first review said that exact statement and then listed these “tweaks” 1 slice pepper jack cheese, two garlic cloves, 1 cubed Yukon Gold potato, diced celery, crumbled bacon.  What the heck? Write your own recipe blog, fella, and leave the broccoli cheddar soup alone. 

Why when you get your hair cut can it not be just like the last time? Why is it just enough different to not work the way you want it to? Fortunately, for most haircuts,  there is only a three day adjustment time and then it will be just fine.  

Why, when I am ready to sit down and prepare a blog entry are the batteries on either my wireless mouse or my wireless keyboard “critically low” and there are no batteries in the charger?  I know the answer to this one but a certain gentleman that lives in this house and  takes  pictures for his ebay sales may disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment