Tuesday, May 29, 2012


I am unbelievably antsy. 

I want to shed the things I own in order to travel, to drop everything and go.  I think it stems from not having traveled much over the last few years of the “economic downturn”.   I’ve reported before of the lovely trips we used to take with hubs employer...those were good days and good times.  (Remember, not “going” was my reason for getting a dog.) 
I miss spending money sometimes but mostly I miss travel.  I miss seeing new things and I miss the relaxation.  Dare I admit that I miss having room service, a never ending banquet of great tropical food and drink.  Indulgence.  I miss indulgence, darn it.  During those times I HAD to shop to BUY new things to wear, to OWN.
I went to Spain and the Canary Islands in one trip.  I don’t think I appreciated it enough at the time. Send me again, please, and I will show you appreciation like you can’t believe.  I will talk endlessly about it. I will effuse, effervesce even.  
These are the things that are rolling through my quiet days.  How I wish I were getting ready for a big trip.  Anywhere, somewhere.  A change of scenery.  Do you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment