Monday, September 3, 2012

A tale of two skirts

So, I have a little confession to make.  You remember I have been going through my closet quite a bit of late and getting rid of things I will never wear again or are just in the wrong color, cut, whatever.  I’ve got a pretty nice closet.  Generous in size and not so bad in shoe space and overhead storage.  I like it.  We put wire shelves in and they curve around the corners.  Convenient.  Clothes just slide right on around those corners on plastic hangers but they can get a little bunched up there if you aren’t paying attention.

In one of those corners, on two hangers, I discovered two skirts I have never worn.  I bet I bought these two skirts 7 years ago.  One is denim and one is khaki.  I like them.  I have no idea if people wear denim skirts or not, and I don’t really care.  I will wear this one.  I see myself in it already and know where I’ll be going and maybe even what I’ll be thinking.  The khaki one, too, although it’s a bit harder imagining the accessories I’ll wear with the khaki. 

I’m not going to get in to why I never wore these skirts; it’d be a long, difficult and boring story ~ a story I rise above.  Just trust me when I say, I was unable to wear them at a point in my life. 

So, the discovery of these two skirts changes things just a bit.  I don’t feel pressure to find the pencil skirt of my dreams so much as I have this denim skirt.  I am more compelled to look for the perfect boots.  Did you know I’m going to buy boots? Yes I am.  I can’t decide between black or brown and I may even get both! I know I need the black pencil skirt; I’ll keep looking, but I am serious about boots, people. (I just realized they need to be black so I can wear them with the black pencil skirt)

Here’s something else on my list.  A red wool blazer/jacket coat thing.  Not a dressy blazer and not really a coat.  I have it in my head. I know precisely what I want.  I will wear it with my denim skirt, I swear I will.  And my boots. 

One more thing I learned this week is I needed to rethink the white blouse.  I had in my head that my white blouse was suppose to be a collared blouse with long sleeves and cuffs.  You know, a white blouse.  It dawned on me this week that the white blouse I need does not have a collar! Remember how I reported I accept my short neck? Why would I try to wear a collar? The reason why the white blouse of my past is uncomfortably stiff is because it had a stinkin’ collar! This came to me in one of those cloud opening, sun beam radiating, angel singing, kind of moments.  And Nicole Richey on QVC. But, I know what kind of white blouse to look for now and I bet I find it within a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment