Monday, September 24, 2012

Two steps forward.

I really do have more going on in my life than shopping and cooking.  It just seems these are time  munchers.  I spend an awful lot of time thinking about things I need to purchase, or would like to purchase, either for myself or others.  I also spend a fair amount of time thinking about food and what to make for dinner. 

I get frustrated over not having the right thing to wear, or cook ~ recurring themes here in this blog, I know.  I’ve started a list of things that I would like to buy and everyday there is a new item added to the list.  What’s happening now is that there are food preparation items taking the place of clothing! My lists are starting to intermingle…maybe even inbreed! What happens when my underwear hooks up with that omelet pan I’m checking out?

This past week, because I had really whined about doing all the cooking around this place, hubs said he would make a big pot of chili.  I had spent the entire morning planning out the menu for the week and making out the grocery list.  I was happy to turn over a meal.  More than happy.  I thought “Someone has finally heard me! I really don’t want to be the only one!” I was stoked, grateful and sure, gleeful over it. He noticed!

Fast forward to later that day ~ groceries put away, chili is being stirred, ready for serving.  Digging around in the fridge, hubs says “So, were you making these crescent rolls for tonight?”  I laughed and said “Really? When in 35 years have I ever served crescent rolls with chili? That doesn’t even sound good!”
 
He said “When in 35 years have I ever paid attention?”

And, there ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment