Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bottling joy.

I am running between visits to the capitol city as I participate in various events for grandchildren and at the end of this week, I am going to attend my first “Grandparents Day”. I am looking forward to it, probably more than is acceptable but that’s how we grannies do it.

I had a great experience with my 5-almost-6 year old granddaughter over the weekend. Minor, silly and a first for her and I. We played Crazy 8s. These are such standout moments for me that I often wonder why I don’t really remember playing Crazy 8s with my own children. I’m sure I did but I just don’t really recall it. I am SURE, however, that I am going to remember this session of Crazy 8s with my brilliant granddaughter for a very long time.

There was something about the look on her face, her eyes lighting up as she scanned her cards, her giggle as she would win a hand, her victory squeal, a little dance in her chair.

How can this bring me to tears? To the heights of joy? I wish I could bottle it but instead all I can do is ask her to deal out another game…I want this to last forever.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment