Monday, November 10, 2014

No complaints here!

I love the weaving together of people and their stories.  This is not new for me and I may have bored you with it before.  It’s more than small town “Hey, they married so and so, who is my such and such”.  It’s a bit more global and it amazes me when it happens.
 
I also truly enjoy when people come together in a way that you wouldn’t otherwise expect or spend a lot of time planning.  Now, granted, there has to be some commonality and a certain amount of intent but it still is an enjoyable thing.  My weekend held a couple of these kinds of happenings.  Let me explain. 
 
Facebook is a wonderful tool.  It is abused and misused but it is also a wonderful communication tool.  The fact that we get to eavesdrop on others conversations is a bit disturbing,  but hey, Facebook isn’t new…haven’t we all learned by now to be a bit discreet about what we post on Facebook? If you haven’t, well, don’t look to the other guy as to be at fault.  Anyway, I noticed on Facebook that a few of my circle of friends were arranging to attend a 5K race. Not being a runner (I know, shocker) at first it was more like a “Hey, that’s a neat event” but it turned in to a little more as others started commenting they would be joining in.  
 
But hating to be left out of anything…I chimed in.  Long story short, I was at breakfast yesterday with some folks that would be unusual to put together on any other day.  It was their connections with each other, though, and with me, that caused us to be breaking bread, in a noisy restaurant.  I love this kind of stuff.  I realized as I sat there that my son and daughter-in-law were the common denominators, and that made it fun for them, although I am not sure they stopped to think about it as much as I did.  In fact, I’m just gonna go right ahead and say bet not. 
 
Weekends are wonderful things and I truly hope we can continue to make the most of ours, and everyday.  This weekend was another reminder to me of how very lucky we are, how very blessed.   We started with a fun and successful football game, a marching band with state honors, a satisfying breakfast in a big city with people I love, and ended the weekend celebrating one of my all-time favorite people.  Complain about anything in my life?  Well, no, I wouldn’t possibly dare!   

No comments:

Post a Comment